YSI Spring Break Camp 2020
This year’s Spring Break Camp will focus on forensic science and crime scene investigation. During the week, students will learn different methods of forensic investigation to solve the disappearance of the famous pilot, Amelia Earhart. To begin their investigations, students will meet Amelia Earhart through the Museum’s Living History program.
Students will participate in activities including fingerprint analysis, flight simulators, dissection, celestial navigation, and DNA extraction. In addition to these activities, the Museum will host various speakers that will discuss their careers in the fields of forensic science, search and rescue, and crash investigation with the campers. Students will create their own detective boards that display the evidence they have collected throughout the week and their theories on the disappearance of Amelia Earhart.
+Space STEM Live!
• This exciting, interactive event will end our Spring Break week with a festival of fun on Saturday, March 14th!
• Inspired by NASA’s three big questions: How did we get here? How does the Universe work? Are we alone?
• Multiple learning stations in our main exhibit hall will explore these three questions along with other space-themed activities!
Monday – Friday, 3/9 – 3/13
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Space STEM Live! Hours
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
*Transportation not included*
• Transportation to and from the Museum from YWLA (camp only)
– Drop off at YWLA campus at 8:15 am
– Pick up at YWLA at 4:30 pm
• All materials and supplies
• Lunch and snacks
• Camp t-shirt
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.