Participate in a research study on shortness of breath in childhood
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
Respiratory Effects of Obesity in Children – Boys and Girls Ages 8-12
This research study investigates whether breathing limitations, breathlessness on exertion and exercise intolerance are greater in overweight children as compared with normal weight children.
- Participants will receive:
- Pulmonary function tests
- Exercise tests
- Compensation for participant’s time
- DEXA scan for body composition
Qualifications for this research study are:
- Boys and Girls 8 - 12 years old
- Able to ride on an exercise bike
- Able to follow directions
- No heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, no sleep apnea
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.